what product is my company using

Stephan Gruzinski March 23, 2021

How can i tell what product my company is using and how it is hosted?

One of the main administrators claims we are just using Jira Core 8.13.3.

I know we also use Confluence

After going through the Learn Jira Basics (Server) training I feel like we are using Jira Software based on the menu that appears. 

1 comment

Comment

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

Hi @Stephan Gruzinski ,

If you access the tools with a domain like xyz.atlassian.net you are on the cloud version, otherwise it is a  server/data center version.

If you go to the projects overview page, and there are software projects, you have Jira Software. If there are only business projects, you probably have only Jira Core.

Stephan Gruzinski March 23, 2021

we access via a servername.companyname.com  so i am assuming you are correct it is a server/data center version.

Here is a screen shot of the License page one of the main admins sent me and he advised this:  

I don’t want to say that the term is interchangeable but I think “Jira Software” is basically the “Jira Server” edition.

From the looks of it we actually have Jira Software and not core. I also see on the projects page we have software and business under project type. 

screen2.png

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Thanks for the additional information.

Jira Software means indeed that you are using Jira Software.

But in Jira Software is Jira Core included.

If you would only have Jira Core and not Jira Software, your license Details would be in the Jira Core Section, that is empty now.

So according to this Screenshot, you are using Jira Software in Version 8.13.3.

Stephan Gruzinski April 13, 2021

So if I understand we have have Jira Core and Jira Software version 8.13.3

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events