It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

jira cloud vs jira on-prem

Hi All,

I am looking into procuring JIRA as ALM tool but no sure why its written 

"if security is a concern, we generally recommend sticking with on-premise solutions, which will allow you to keep your software underneath the umbrella of your existing security infrastructure"

What are the security elements missing in Cloud Jira offering for which its recommended to use On-prem version.

If someone can share their feedback it will help me to decide which version of Jira to be procured.

1 comment

I don't think its about missing elements in cloud or that the cloud version is not safe.

But maybe your organisation has special security requirements.

E.g. Data not stored outside your country or the software needs to be hosted in your own infrastruture behind a vpn, not exposed to the internet (internal jira only), your data center needs to be in an underground facility guarded by an army, special hardened server requirements, etc.

If you have special requirements, you have the complete control over the those requirements, when you host jira on your own.

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you