jira cloud vs jira on-prem

AMIT KUMAR April 29, 2019

Hi All,

I am looking into procuring JIRA as ALM tool but no sure why its written 

"if security is a concern, we generally recommend sticking with on-premise solutions, which will allow you to keep your software underneath the umbrella of your existing security infrastructure"

What are the security elements missing in Cloud Jira offering for which its recommended to use On-prem version.

If someone can share their feedback it will help me to decide which version of Jira to be procured.

1 comment

Comment

Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2019

I don't think its about missing elements in cloud or that the cloud version is not safe.

But maybe your organisation has special security requirements.

E.g. Data not stored outside your country or the software needs to be hosted in your own infrastruture behind a vpn, not exposed to the internet (internal jira only), your data center needs to be in an underground facility guarded by an army, special hardened server requirements, etc.

If you have special requirements, you have the complete control over the those requirements, when you host jira on your own.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events