integrate jira with angular website

developer March 6, 2019

I want to authenticate user jira account and perform create project , issue task on it.

I am not able to find any proper way to integrate jira in angular 6 app.

please suggest me help

1 comment

Comment

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019

Hi @developer ,

First can you define what you mean by Integrate? 

On a very basic understanding of I would like to be able to create projects, issues from my application in JIRA, this would involve a lot of development on your side to begin with but here is what I think you can do.

I am Assuming you are referring to JIRA Cloud based on your tag.

Your Application to JIRA:

1. Have your application find a way to collect the information and populate them into parameters you can send to JIRA via Rest API. Find the REST API doc from atlassian here.
  2. Find a way to get a confirmation from JIRA to show that your operation worked as expected.

JIRA to your Application:

1. JIRA can send information to your application via Webhooks following specific events. Hence you would need to find a way to collect and handle the Webhook content sent by JIRA and most importantly how it would make a reasonable information to the person looking at your website.
  2. Alternatively as you can see in the link of the Rest API I shared above, you can also make get calls for specific information which would be returned to you in JSON format which you could find a way to handle.

If I misunderstood your request, do provide some more information on what exactly you plan on achieving.

If anyone else has an idea, please do share.

developer March 6, 2019

Hi @Ismael Jimoh I am creating a product management tool and want to create a project and issue from my website onto a jira account.

for accessing rest API, I need basic auth token

But I am not able to get an auth token in any manner.

In that case, I need your help

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019

For accessing Jira you can either pass user’s username and password with your call (nor recommended due to security reasons) or you authenticate via an OAuth token explained here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-oauth-authentication/

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2019

A clearer explanation for getting the token in cloud can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html

I do recommend reading what the method is about to ensure itmeets your requirements.

developer March 6, 2019

How i do 

Step 2. Do the OAuth dance

in nodejs from backend side

Like Oleksii likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events