email channel in Jira Service Desk

Tradewater Admin October 28, 2019

In channels -> email,

I want to change the email id that can submit a ticket to a group of people. email that consists of group of people. How is that possible?

1 comment

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

Hi there,

Is it correct to understand that what you're after is to restrict who can create a ticket in your JSD project by an Email -- based on mail whitelisting?

I.e. several whitelisted individuals can create an issue, and anybody else cannot?

If so, you could apply filtering on your mailbox to sort things first (e.g. email comes from X@Y -> keep in Inbox; else move it to another folder).

One idea that comes to mind - JSD processes new issues from the Inbox so if you apply filtering on your mailbox to move things to different folders, that could be one way to try. 

I believe (but not really sure?) that filtering should apply before the email "arrives" in Inbox - so even if Jira polls your mailbox for new emails periodically it should never find an "unprocessed" email in the Inbox.

Definitely do keep in mind that email processing is also dependent on your 'Customer permissions' in the JSD project itself -- https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/what-are-the-customer-permission-settings-for-email-requests/

If changing the setting in your project to Who can raise requests can be changed to Customers who are added to the project then that should work fine as well. But then whoever else is not added in the project will have their emails stuck in your mailbox.

I do not myself really play with Cloud or JSD/Emails too much, so would recommend testing things out first before changing your settings to avoid some hic-ups.

Regards,

Radek

Tradewater Admin October 28, 2019

I appreciate your help but my question is that

I want to set up an email for a group of people in my team.

I am interested in knowing that when I mail ‘jirastudio-support-system@am.atlassian.com’, the entire team must be receiving the notification for which what setup  steps are required?

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

Hi,

Ah in that case it's pretty simple;

You're looking at the 'Notification Scheme' your project uses.

(If you are using the default one I recommend creating a copy of it before customizing it.)

You should be able to find all the details in the following doc (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-a-notification-scheme-776636401.html), but essentially, once you have a notification scheme ready, you're looking at the 'Issue Created' event.

When you're editing the notification scheme, you can customize recipients for each event - you will see many of them. The default one used for any new issues(=requests) is the 'Issue Created'.

You can either add users directly, or you can use dynamic objects such as role members or groups.

Keep in mind that:

- if your notification scheme is used in another project, it will apply there as well (hence why you should likely create a new one/unique)

- all recipients must have 'Browse Project' permission in your project, in general following applies: "if you cannot see the issue you cannot receive a notification for it"

- this is an Agent part of configuration, do not try customizing this scheme for Customer notifications - that much is done from another menu (Customer notifications)

All that being said, do take a look at the doc above -- it's pretty good.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Radek

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events