Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the best idea for naming ticket's title in jira board?

air.napat March 24, 2023

I'm wondering which is the best idea for naming ticket titles in jira board?

For example, these are the actual ticket title in my projects.

Screenshot 2566-03-24 at 23.03.20.png

What do you think?

In my opinion, I should define the title as the name of the function and the features.

For example,

AS-322 should only be `Sign Up` in short.

AS-323 should only be `Sign In` in short.

Because I think I can move the long title to a description in the ticket and the name should be easy for developers to sweep through the code and understand it quickly.

Does anyone have any idea?

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The summary of an issue should really be a short highly descriptive summary of the issue.  It should not contain data that you want to be reporting on like status, components, priorities or where it's come from (it's better to use non-text fields for reporting), because that data should be in fields that enable reporting. 

The summary is very much intended for humans to skim and get a feel for what the issue is about.

The sentences in your first screenshot are actually very good as they are, I would not try to shorten them or mangle them, they tell a human what the story is at a quick glance.  Shortening them to "sign up" would reduce the understanding.  Don't make your developers have to open up every issue to look at a description when the summary is not clear.

The thing I would do with your list is enable a field (possibly components?) to have a "user sign up" option, so that I can have people add that option to the field, and then I can search or group by similar stories/issues/requests that have that flag on it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events