Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the different notification email types from admin available(eg... Deny access request)?

sjvino user January 25, 2021

I would like to know different email notifications available in Jira/Jira Service Desk such as Deny Access Request, Login as User etc.

1 comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hi @sjvino user  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you be a little more specific with your question? Do you want to know the content of the email? Or just when or why they get sent?

sjvino user January 25, 2021

Hi @John Funk ,

I would like to know when and why the email notifications are sent. If there is any link having this information, that would be helpful.

Thanks.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2021

There are two main categories where notifications originate.

First you have a notification scheme where on the occurrence of several events a pre-defined audience (say Reporter, Assignee, a Group custom field value or a single mail address) receives mails.

Far better explained is this by the documentation over here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/

For Jira Service Management projects there are separate notification which your customers receive:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-notifications-for-your-customers-and-team/

Apart from that Automation is also capable of sending separate mails.

There are some further specialities like when you share a page or the mail which is generated by a Filter subscription.

From your description I think you address more system related mails like billing information and such. Therefore, to my knowledge, is no public documentation available.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

You can also just setup a test and move a card through the process to see what emails get sent when and what they say. Most of the names/descriptions in JSM are pretty clear. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events