We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Amir Kazemi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2018

Hi Community!

My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk.

• What Jira Service Desk apps are you currently using?
  • How did you hear/find out about these apps?
  • How have these apps helped your experience with Jira Service Desk?

3 comments

Nik Ho April 27, 2018

I recently switched to Mac and was trying to find something today, the one that stood out was just running the JIRA web app as a desktop app using this: http://fluidapp.com/

In the past I had used the Alm Works JIRA client for Windows. This was mostly used for issues only though. 

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2018

We're currently on Cloud, and we use two apps that have been indispensable. We found them via community posts and/or by searching the marketplace. 

• Automation for JIRA - we use this for sending alerts when an SLA is breached, and automatically updating certain fields when the request type is changed. We also use it to circumvent some features of JSD that have caused problems for us - for example, the fact that agents are treated differently when they're added as request participants, or the fact that blank fields can't be displayed on the issue screen. 
  • JQL Search Extensions - for searching on metadata that we couldn't access otherwise (for example, commented by, updated by)

We're planning to switch to Server in the next month or so, and plan to add a couple more apps that aren't offered for Cloud: 

• Scriptrunner - we want to create validations, e.g. to make a certain field required only when another field has a specific value
  • Out of Office Assistant - to help us avoid delays when an agent is not available

Hope this is helpful!

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2018

Hi, we are on Server and we have many add-ons, but the one App that we could not do without and I recommend it highly is Extension for JIra Service Desk.   It solved the ability to reset our SLA after comments, set an SLA to an end date/time, Provide dynamic forms and Hide request types, fields and even the portal from groups.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events