Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We created Mail handlers in jira Cloud .We need the template how to create jira ticket from Outlook

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu December 12, 2018

We created Mail handlers in jira Cloud .We need the template how to create jira ticket from Outlook

2 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2018

The mail handlers create the issues from incoming email based on the data in the email already, so I am not sure what you mean by "template"?

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu December 13, 2018

Hi,

I Have few questions they are:

1.When we are Commenting back from Outlook to jira .How to remove the below data data from that particular mail .So that the original message has to be placed in the comment box.

2.How to fill the complete ticket details from mail.For Example we have  different custom fields data and how differentiate project and issue type from mail.

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu December 13, 2018

No I didn't get the proper answer for this question.Kindly arrange a call with me so that i can explain the scenario clearly what i want...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2018

1.  Try the handler that strips previous data

2.  Use an email handler that can parse emails for it.  The built-in handlers are good enough for 95% of cases, where people only really care about the core content, but when you need something more powerful, you need code that can be told to understand what you guess your users might send.  You could write your own handler (great for some cases), but if you don't want to do that, or have many different cases, I would strongly recommend the JEMH handler.

Peddiboyina Nagendrababu December 16, 2018

I Found 6 mail handlers:

1.Create a new issue and add a comment to an existing issue

2.Add a comment from the non quoted email body

3.Add a comment with entire email body 

4.create a new issue from each email message

5.Add a comment before a specified marker or separator in the email body

6.Cloud email Handler

I

I am facing issues

1.when i am giving reply from outlook to jira .I want to (Strip the previous data)original body of the mail should be added as a comment in jira ticket .But, all the previous data from the mail are getting added.i want to eliminate the previous data of the mail.

2.While creating the ticket from mail i am bit confused how to fill all the custom field values from mail .i want the sequence or pattern in adding custom field values to ticket while creating ticket from mail to jira

And while i am choosing one of the mail handlers above it is asking for the Split Regex

Kindly let me know the proper mail handler and its respective Split Regex to eliminate or strip the previous data..

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events