VP Product Management

Bill Westerman August 29, 2019

I want to use Jira to simplify the creation and management of Roadmaps.

3 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2019

@Bill Westerman , is this meant to be a question or discussion or something else? Based upon what you have stated here I would point you to either Next-gen projects in Cloud that has a very simplified roadmap concept or if you need something more fully featured check out Portfolio by Atlassian.

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2019

@Bill Westerman Jack's advice above is great, and I'll also move this to the Jira collection so you may get insight from others.

Like Shannon S likes this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

I would take a hard look at Structure for Jira. It doesn't produce the prettiest roadmap, but the gantt add-on will build one, and the automation options it has are hands down the best.

Easy Agile Roadmaps looks pretty nice, but doesn't have a lot of options. Simple Version Roadmap is extremely basic, and you will need to have good discipline around version management. 

Epic Roadmap willbring you the next-gen features you are asking for if you are on-prem.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events