Using Jira, Insight and Confluence to manage Business Continuity Management?

Björn Kåberger November 19, 2020

Hello all!

I'm looking for input (or discussion) about the possibility to leverage the asset management functionality of Insight, documentation in Confluence and automation/incident response of Jira to take my organization's BCM to a higher level. I've done a bit of searching with no results, but I can't imagine I'm the only one who's had this thought.

I'm imagining the following steps:

1. Modelling my processes, activities, resources (software, people, infrastructure) and dependencies in Insight
  2. Documenting their respective fallback & recovery procedures on Confluence pages linked to the Insight objects
  3. Adapting the Jira ticketing so that process owners are warned if there are tickets affecting their process, and automatically providing the correct recovery & restore procedure linked in an email or so.

Have you heard of any solutions like this? Do you have any ideas/feedback? I'm on month 2 in Atlassian-world so I've no idea whether I'm being clever or naive here!

3 comments

GH March 5, 2021

I'm also looking for input (or discussion) on behalf BCM

Rafael Mascaro April 22, 2022

Hello, may ask if any of you had any good developments on this topic?

Amanda Soskin May 11, 2022

Thoughtful question, initial considerations and plausible platforming approach. I have the same question, having just stepped trough a BCP process that made little/no use of digital solutions.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events