Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Permissions

AR Studioz May 3, 2019

I want the very basic thing but don't know how to do it .

At this moment, whenever I create projects, all of my Jira team members view it and even comment on that. It does not make sense for me or anybody to view all the projects that the organization is working. I want my team members to view only that project they have been assigned to in their dashboards. 

As of now, everybody can see all the projects, it's ridiculous. I want the project to be invisible for everybody until I assign someone and then only that team or member would be able to see the project.

ANyone can help?

1 comment

Comment

David Lunsford May 3, 2019

Have you reviewed the Atlassian JIRA Permission and Notification Schemes documentation? I suggest reviewing Permission Schemes perhaps creating a Global or Restricted Permission Schemes to assign to JIRA Projects. Also, the Notification Scheme to reduce the scope of notifications on the JIRA instance.

Remember you can also leverage Atlassian Partner Services

Notification Schemes

Permission Schemes 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2019

Hi @AR Studioz,

Welcome to the community!

To help with your exact question, the "Browse Projects" permission is the main permission that controls who can see projects.  If you set that in a permission scheme to a Project role such as the "Users" role that will require users to be added either as a user to by a group the Users role for any project before they would be able to see the projects.

This should give you a bit more of the control you are looking for with your projects.

I hope that helps.

-James

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events