cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Jira Software and Jira Service Desk for medium size teams

Oliver Eckle July 4, 2018

Hi,

i would like to ask a question.

We are having currently a medium sized team (around 25 people) in a large company >1000 people.

We want to use jira software for handling user stories and provide external support by jira service desk. Therefore we have one person which is responsible for communication with  the people outside and the development team behind. The hotline person has no knowlede of technical issues, so its a more administrative role. so therefore the development team has to take care of the ticket themself.

As far as i understand i could have this setup:

* Jira service desk with all the user (25 agents)

* Jira software with all the user (25 user)

but it would be very complicated to work in different projects with different workflows even if you use one board to display tickets (service desk) and user stories (software).

I found some automation posibillities to create automatically a linked ticket from jira service desk to jira software. So the people could work in jira software while the hotline guy is watching the service desk tickets. The bad taste is that communication with the customer is very complicated (developer -> dev ticket -> hotline guy -> service desk ticket -> customer) and this takes a lot of time.

any suggestions to find a solution for that requirements

* service desk for customer portal

* hotline guy is responsible for hotline tickets (default no interaction required)

* developer working in software

* developer could respond to the customer

thx

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events