Unable to find XRay Test Cases Import menu

Hemin Xiao April 17, 2021
  1. System

2. Search Jira admin

JIRA import wizard

To get started, click the product you want to import your projects from.

CSVCSVTrelloTrelloJSONJSONJira Server or CloudNone of these

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2021

The docs say to use the Xray test case importer, not the Jira issue importer.  See https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Importing+Tests+using+Test+Case+Importer

Like Hemin Xiao likes this
Hemin Xiao April 17, 2021

Yes, I am an Jira administrator but I couldn't find the XRay Test Cases Importer menu item 

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

Hi @Hemin Xiao , do you have Jira Cloud or Jira server/datacenter? I ask this because the way you access the menu is different, also because Xray for Jira Cloud and Xray for Jira server are similar but different products.

Sérgio

Like Hemin Xiao likes this
Hemin Xiao April 20, 2021

Jira Cloud. 

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

You have two ways:

a) either as a admin, from Apps => Xray (note that these screen is not the same as you see if you use Apps => Manage Apps => Xray, because the latter are settings). What do you see if you open the Apps => Xray ?

b) as a project user, from project menu (as long as the user has "bulk changes" permission)

Can you share please what you see in the Testing Board, accessible from the project meny? 

Just open a Test issue, for example, in your project and then in the left side, pick the Testing Board.

image2020-5-19_11-51-49.png

Hemin Xiao April 21, 2021

looks like my jira project is not setting up prperly with xray

image.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events