Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Spent between Two dates for specific Project assigned to me

Tejas Kulkarni June 4, 2018

Hi,

Currently I have 8 developers in my project.

Whenever work is done, each of us log hours in JIRA for tasks assigned to us.

This Project is open since Jan 2018.

Currently I want to set-up filer which can give me time-spent(hours logged) for this project between 1st Feb to 1st March for all developers in this project.

I tried below JQL for filter set-up:

project in("ABC") and worklogDate >= 2018-02-01 AND worklogDate < 2018-03-01 

However, as all of have logged hours between above given date ranges, this filer gives me hours logged by each developer till current date.

e.g

Developer Jack has logged 200 hours for project ABC from Jan 2018 till current date.

He has logged only 40 hours between 1st Feb to 1st March for project ABC.

The above JQL is giving me 200 hours for Jack under this project .

I'm looking for JQL which will give me the tasks related to 40 hours which had been logged between 1st Feb to 1st March.

Can you please assist with JQL for this.

Note: I don' need to use timesheet here

Thanks,

Tejas S Kulkarni

2 comments

Comment

Deleted user June 5, 2018

Hi @Tejas Kulkarni,

To clarify, do you want to view the worklogs as well? The JQL you have provided would give you a list of issues that had been worked on within the date range. 

Thanks

Tejas Kulkarni June 5, 2018

Hi Danny,

For any type of issue in JIRA, if it has working hours logged against it, it will always maintain aggregate Value.

E.g

For Issue named "ABC", if I log hours on 1st June, 2nd June, 3rd June, 4th June and 5th June ( 4 hours daily), , then on JIRA, we 'll see 20 hours logged against Issue "ABC".

I'm looking for JQL which can give hours logged for "ABC" issue by me  between 1st June to 3rd June i.e. It should sum-up to 12 hours only.

Also, I'm looking for JQL which can give me separate row for task "ABC" for each day.

i.e. 1 row for 1st June for User "Tejas", another row for 2nd June for user "Tejas" and so on till 5th June.

Thanks,
Tejas S Kulkarni

Deleted user June 5, 2018

Hi @Tejas Kulkarni,

My suggestion would be to refer to an add-on for this functionality, such as;

Though, as your requirements are to not use an add-on, I assume this is not a viable solution for you.

Hope this helps

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2018

Do you have EazyBI plugin ? I found it's very useful for such use cases. 

Tejas Kulkarni June 5, 2018

Hi Vishnu,

Can you help me little details with EazyBI plugin?

Thanks,
Tejas S Kulkarni

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2018

@Vishnukumar Vasudevan, Thank you for suggesting eazyBI as a possible solution!

eazyBI is a report, chart, and data analysis app for Jira. With eazyBI you can analyze your data by filtering and digging deeper with various pre-defined dimensions, measures as well as powerful custom calculations. See more in Atlassian Marketplace and the documentation.

Here is an example of the report you were looking for - Hours spent split by users who logged the hours. In Pages there is a filter for Time and Project.

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 13.28.54.png

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this!
Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Shiva Gaire January 24, 2019

Do this plugins supports API endPoints as well.

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2019

Hi @Shiva Gaire!

eazyBI provides report result export API, see more details here https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/set-up-and-administer/set-up-and-administer-for-jira-server/customization/report-results-export-api.

Also, you can import additional data from another application through REST API, see https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/import-from-rest-api#ImportfromRESTAPI-RESTAPIsourceparameters.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events