The inability to drag to reorder Sprints in the Backlog is awful.

tyler_healey August 4, 2021

I know you can use "Move Sprint Up" and "Move Sprint Down" but that is pathetically bad UX.

It's a common use case for people to create "fake" sprints to group upcoming tasks together.

- The fact that you can only "Start" the topmost sprint is silly. If I have a sprint of "Cleanup Tasks" and we have a pause in our normal planning then let me start that sprint regardless of what position it's in.

- When I create a new sprint it always appears at the bottom, but maybe it represents a short sprint I want to do right now. In order to Start this sprint I need to "Move Sprint Up" several times until it's the topmost sprint. This is terrible.

- Not every damned company is as rigid about planning upcoming work. Things change, plans change. Make it easier to move things around and start work when you want. For a product that mentions the word "Agile" so often the UI is not very agile at all.

EDIT:
The fact that some edit views use markdown and some don't is annoying. Why wouldn't I expect that markdown would work in this field if it does in an issue description? Great there's a WYSIWYG editor, just what every programmer loves to use.

4 comments

Comment

Craig Rouse October 19, 2021

Totally agree - this is my biggest frustration with the whole Jira UI. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Yannic De Baets May 26, 2022

I also agree, this is something that should be a lot (!) easier then 1 step at a time move up or down... at least have "move to top sprint", "move to last sprint", or drag the sprint to the position needed (and where all sprints close then with all tickets in).

Bryan Stewart June 28, 2022

Agree wholeheartedly!

Since you can drag/drop items between sprints in the backlog, the next logical thing to do is drag/drop sprints in the backlog

Having to click move up or move down each step it very tedious

Lars Johansson July 7, 2022

Totally agree, The time I have spent to manually move sprints up and down by clicking, instead of just drag and drop, is crazy,

Secondly, when I have all sprints in order, then all of a sudden they have changed order. Why is that? So I have to move them around again. (No, no one else sits and move them around)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events