Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

juliadillon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here.

The thing is, we're already thinking about the next stories we can feature. So, we're asking you to submit your story about how your team uses Jira to innovate, create, and collaborate. If your team's story is our favorite, your team will get the star treatment with a photoshoot, digital ads and a billboard.

Submit your story to jirastories@atlassian.com or comment on this post and prepare for your billboard debut.

5 comments

Comment

williamdavidedwards April 17, 2018

Going to switch to Jira Service Desk to do all support for customers in a few weeks :-)

And the integration with Confluence is a big plus. Also started using Trello.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 24, 2018

@williamdavidedwards exciting! Fingers crossed all goes smoothly. I enjoy the user experience on the JSD side and I hope your customers do too :) 

williamdavidedwards May 16, 2018

@Monique vdB And the switch has been made. :) I can definitely say that Confluence is *the* best wiki software out there, both for public and internal wikis. As for Jira Service Desk: it does fit our needs best, but for other businesses I'm not too sure it's a great solution. As for Confluence, I think it fits all. :)

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2018

We were an early adopter of Jira v4.6 in late 2008.  It was initially implemented by our development teams, but later that year, IT asked if they could have a "workflow" (aka Jira Project) for their incoming requests.  Client Services got wind, and in 2010 we created a portal for our customers that used the Jira Rest API to provide a two way support vehicle for our customers.  In 2011, we created Jira projects for HR, Finance and Marketing.  We used Jira for Expense Claims, Purchase Orders, Invoice approvals, HR new hires, changes and leavers and Marketing tasks.

In 2017 we rolled out Jira Service Desk to replace the portal for our external customers.  Early this year we rolled out Jira Service Desk for our internal IT requests.

When rolling out Service Desk, I fielded questions from our users on if they could link issues, log time, etc.  I responded "it's still Jira", they were thrilled.

Our global company is fueled primarily by Jira, which led to my title Jira Queen as the administrator. 

Confluence, Fisheye, Bamboo and Bitbucket are all part of our Atlassian Stack.

Micha May 16, 2018

I am working in a small team. We have 3 Atlassian consultants in our midst. The company we are working for itself is holding 7 offices, together with around 500 employees. Because of our enthousiasm, the great tooling and our will to work together, tools like Jira and Confluence are starting to spread throughout the whole company!

Just now, we are building a project in which all the employees can create issues for their ideas for getting happier and happier within the company. We want the employees to vote for which ideas they think are the best. This way we can litteraly see what is going on in the minds of the employees and what we can do to be the greatest place to work in Europe!

Curtis May 17, 2018

Our eCommerce group has been using JIRA Software for over a year now. It has been very successful with their team.

Our current Service Desk product was falling short of where we wanted to go. Looking at the options JIRA Service Desk showed great promise and after a POC, management agreed. We are planning to launch JIRA Service Desk in the upcoming months for use by our IT, IS and Facilities groups. Then we will expand it to our Agent Support, Foundation and HR groups.

We already had Confluence deployed for our IT, IS and eCommerce groups. Bitbucket has been in use by the eCommerce group with our Java team now also looking to move to Bitbucket. Bamboo is in use by our QA group for some automated tests and will be used by the Java team to handle their builds and deployments. At this point they will also have their future projects moved over to be handled within JIRA Software.

I refer to this as the Atlassian Suite. We run our suite in Docker containers on a Red Hat system. It has been super stable. The code to build the Docker images lives in Bitbucket. The images get built by Bamboo and then are stored with in a Nexus Repository (also a Docker container). You might say there is a bit of Inception going on.

Once all the teams are moved over, we will have one product across the development and IT groups making it easy to pass or link Issues along coming from customers within the same system. Who knows where the new and improved productivity might take us.

Cheers.

-Curtis

juliadillon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2018

Curtis, this is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Julia Nunes Pedrosa July 3, 2018

I had actually answered but I am not quite sure if I should because of my organization's policy then I decided to erase it all.

Sorry. )=

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events