Subtasks all unlinked from parent issue

Kaj van Leeuwen June 25, 2019

Since yesterday all the child issues on my board have been unlinked from their base issue. The result is that all subtasks are now visible at the bottom of my backlog, without a link to their original base. 

I can't fix it myself manually, since changes on sub tasks are not saved. e.g.

• When I move a subtask to another column on the board, then refresh, the subtask in on the old position again.
  • When I create a new child issue it appears on the board, but woth being linked to the base issue. Including error (see image).

How to solve this?

2 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2019

There's no image attached, but you can't have sub-tasks outside a parent issue, so I suspect there is something just hiding the parent issues from the board.

Kaj van Leeuwen June 25, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , thank you for the reply.

Below some screenshots from the situation. Important detail, My project is a NextGen project. I noticed that my message didn't mention that. 

The situation in more detail:

01_See image below a story on my board as part of an epic.
In the details on the right hand side you can see that this story (URI-161) is a child issue of the epic (URI-165)

01_example-story.png

02_See image below an example subtask 
You see the subtasks in the TO DO column below live on the board as individual items. In the details on the right hand side you can see that this subtask (URI-162) is not a child of any parent. 

02_example-child.png

03_adding a new child issue
Below you can see an image of me adding a new child issue. 

03_example-child-add.png

04_no link error

After hitting 'create' the issue is created but there is no link with the parent.

05_link-child.png

05_set the parent from the subtask

Also have tried the other way around. I open the subtask again (see image 02 above). From the contextual menu (the dots) I select the option 'add to base'. After that I get another error (image below).

04_set-parent.png

If you have any suggestions to solve this, great!

Best, Kaj

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2019

This is one that needs to go to Atlassian, it's looking like time-outs and failures on Cloud, which we can't help with, as we don't have access to the logs.

Kaj van Leeuwen June 26, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , thank you again for taking a look at the issue. How can I help to have the right people at Atlassian take a look at this? Or did you already forwarded this? 

Just to make sure the problem is clear:
the problem I experience not only means I can't link sub tasks that I create, but sub tasks that already existed (many!) now have no relation to their original story/task. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2019

The two error messages are the most important bit, and explain why there are missing links for us, but we do need Atlassian to look at why they are being thrown.  I've mentioned it in slack, but formally, you would need to raise this under https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Julien Femia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Hey @Kaj van Leeuwen

I'm sorry to come back to you so late. I replied on your other post too. I think this is a mess-up on our side, but it should be fixed now?

Let me know if you're still experiencing issues :)

Cheers!

Kaj van Leeuwen July 8, 2019

Yes, this is solved! Thank you.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events