Status and Transition confilict between whole project

Elham Khanlo May 24, 2019

Recently i created some projects and some status has renamed, now there is a lot of mistake and conflict. unfortunately old project affected by new status and even now their transitions changed. I tried it with create new workflow from their workflows copy but again is same problem with new workflows. Can you help me in this case ? please let me know your response. By the way we are using of Jira core.

1 comment

Comment

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2019

Hi @Elham Khanlo 

What I'd recommend is:

• Changing the re-named statuses back to their original to get the broken workflows running again.
  • Create the new named statuses as additional ones in your list
  • Go to the Workflows you want the NEW statuses to be used and replace the renamed to old with the new statuses in the workflow editor.

This can cause an explosion of statuses in your system so vigilance is key; make sure you keep cleaning up. It'll be a bit of a labor intensive effort but will get you there.

Like Elham Khanlo likes this
Elham Khanlo May 24, 2019

I couldn't found where they exactly renamed, And if the workflow has been deleted, how i can restore that to rename to original one ?

Deleted user May 24, 2019

Check the audit log, it gives details on workflow changes

Elham Khanlo May 26, 2019

I found the workflow that has been deleted here, How i can restore that ? or is it possible to rename from here ?

Deleted user May 28, 2019

No, the audit log simply shows when the change was made and is read-only. It can help you trace exactly what was changed to which workflows. To restore, it sounds like Mike's advice may be the way to go, unless you keep backups somewhere. Even if you don't have a recent copy of a backup, it sounds like even viewing an old one with the original workflows could help you recreate one. 

A tip for the future: When you create a draft of a workflow, and then publish it, Jira will ask if you want to keep a copy of the original. Select Yes, at least until you've verified that the changes are what you want. 

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2019

@[deleted] makes a very good point about making the copy. I do similar but in a different order. I've taken to making the copy first, making the changes and applying a version number on the workflow. When I am happy, then I add it to the project. That way, if I happen to have borked something, the rollback is very fast; just re-apply the previous versioned workflow.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events