cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Jira Cloud from Scratch

Eric Mason
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Not sure this is "technical", but I have been at a large organization where I had very little control as an admin.  I am soon moving to a smaller company where I have to build out a new cloud instance of Jira.  It has been about 5 years since I have started from scratch and I am excited to have a clean slate to own.  BUT I was wondering if anyone had any materials that may be some examples of what you found to be best practices when starting from scratch?

2 comments

Comment

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

Hi @Eric Mason 

I understand you, this is what I did couple of years back when I had to start (restart) using Jira Cloud after a while and I ended up creating my own materials, start from the last video. However problem is that Jira Cloud is changing rapidly so the interface might be different.

Starting on Jira Cloud is quite straight forward. They now have a free plan which makes is super easy and convenient for anyone to get started.

Ravi

Alexander Kravchuk January 29, 2022

Hi @Eric Mason 

A lot will depend on your particular use case and products that you are going to use (Software / Service Management / Work Management), but Atlassian has a nice get started place with general recommendations: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/getting-started/best-practices

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events