Specific issue for each Service Desk Team/Agent

Franco C. A. May 24, 2018

Hello! I am at JIRA service desk right now (server) and I want my agents to only view and manipulate issues specific for them. Is that possible? If so how could I implement it. Thank you for your time

1 comment

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

Hi @Franco C. A.,

how do define what issues are specific to what agents?

In general, you can use permissions or issue security to accomplish that.

I guess the permissions feature isn't enough to justify my need although I already set some restrictions between only me as the administrator and the current assignee but still other agents can see and modify the transitions of the issue.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

I still did not get exactly what you want to achieve?

Should the agents only be able to see unassigend issues and issues that are assigend to themself? Or how do you define, which issues each agent should see?

Sorry if I'm making you confused I appreciate that you really want to help. The agents must only see issue that are only assigned to them

P.S. I know agents can filter issues assigned to them through the queue lists but I do not want them to see all issues once they clicked "All open issue". It would be vulnerable for us to have my agents' issues get modified by other agents. I hope you understand me much better now

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2018

Ok, that can be achieved by issue security.

Create a issue security scheme, add a new security level and add only the Assignee (and probably the Administrator-Role) to that level. Then set that level as default.

New issues will have this security level then, for existing issues you must set the level (maybe you will have add the Security-Level-Field to your screens).

If you did that, each Agent will only see the issues he is assigned to and the users with Administrator-Role can see all issues. 

Please note, that you will have to assign the issues to the agents, if you do it this way.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2018

If you just want the other agents not be able to edit/transition/modifiy other agent's issues, you can just modify the permission scheme and set Edit / Transition-Permission to Current Assignee only. 

Then the other agents can still see the issues, but they can not modify them. This way, you can also take away other permissions like commenting.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events