Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk - Groups - Roles - Email Notifications

Ross Diaz April 9, 2018

Context: I took over administration of this system from someone who set it up years ago - I have no ability to talk to this person again.

We use JSD Cloud in order to provide a public ticketing interface for customers. Customers are portal-only users (no licenses). When created as a new portal-only user, users are automatically added to a role called "Service Desk Customers" and when we need to send an email notification to all customers I can use the 'Send email' function to create a message to them all. We have only ever had one project in the system. When sending email blast, I select the Project Roles radio button, and then select the (only) project, and the appropriate role for notification: Service Desk Customers.

Situation: I have a need to segment my email blasts. I need to create a new Project Role with a smaller number of members, and remove them from the general "Service Desk Customers" role.

Problem: I cannot find where I to manage the membership of Project Roles. NOTE: Default Users for roles is not what I am looking for, that only impacts new projects that are associated with that role. I need to dig in and find how Jira is adding all new users to the Project Role, and how to remove some from the larger list. This is because we need to blast email everyone except for 10 users who have already received this email.

Can anybody help me make sense of this?

I am totally open to suggestions.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events