Remove me from Pokersitetest Site!

Nikki Jensen July 22, 2021

I added myself to a site by mistake called Pokersitetest and there is no option to remove me from it.  I can't stand the Atlassian portal as it is so problematic.  Why can I not remove myself from this site that i want nothing to do with?!

5 comments

Comment

And please don't send me emails saying "It's cool, we promise" like I just received - Atlassian's administration is so not cool

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Is this an Atlassian Cloud site?

How did you add yourself and how did you try to remove yourself from it?

I was adding Jira to my phone - didnt know this but I was meant to add "Data Centre/Server" app but I added the Cloud one by mistake.  After logging into the cloud one with my work credentials of nikki.jensen@mixtelematics.com there was this poker site so I clicked on it to see what it was about because no other sites were there.  Next thing Ive been added to it and there is no option to remove myself.  Why would someone not have the ability to remove themselves from a site?!  I uninstalled the app from my phone but I am still part of this site and want to be removed from it asap

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

For you to be "added to a site" by yourself, an admin must have enabled people to sign up.

However, the system is not yours, and your access to a system belongs to the system owners.  It's up to them to remove your access.  You will need to ask them to remove you.

If you go to id.atlassian.com (in a browser, I apologise I don't know if there are other ways to do this), log in and look for "products", you should see this site listed.  You can turn off emails and most access in there and then ignore it, it should no longer bother you.  You might also look at apps and devices, killing off your phone/cloud app on there.

Thanks for the reply, I at least appreciate someone getting back to me.

However, I have read about this on other forums too.  This is such a ridiculous way of administering things!  How can a person not be allowed to remove themselves from something they do not want to subscribe to?!  I have to say I am not a fan of Atlassian at all because of all the issues I have had with their user admin and many other things like this.  Is it not illegal for someone to not be allowed to unsubscribe to something??

How do I even find the owner or site admin so that I can be removed?

How can I send them a message or find out who they are?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2021

The only way to do that is to look around the site and see if you can identify someone.

However, I've taken a quick look and there is no "sign up" enabled for that site.  So I don't think you are "subscribed", because you'd have to have asked an admin to let you in.

Just to be clear, you are using an Atlassian account to post here, and I imagine the same one to get to this poker site.  Atlassian Cloud systems mostly use Atlassian accounts for access to them, and all you have to do is visit one for them to take a look.  In that sense, you are "subscribed" to every Atlassian Cloud site that uses Atlassian accounts.

May I check what you think you have "subscribed" to?  (Apart from the community here)

Capture.PNGScreenshot shows what I have access to

Attached

I have access to mixtelematics which I should have access to - but then I have this Jira Software "pokersitetest" which I want to remove completely as I have no idea what it is about and who administers it

And here it is again

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2021

What do you get when you click on it?

And here it is againCapture2.PNG

Takes me to pokersitetest but nothing in thereCapture.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

Ok, well, it redirect me there too, but then takes me to a "you do not have access to this system".  You must have been added by the system owners, and I'd find it very odd if they'd just added you without a request from yourself.

Maybe check the "people" list to see if there's anyone you recognise to ask why you've been added?  Or create an issue and see who responds.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events