Re-Index not visibile

Vaibhav Bhargava August 31, 2017

Hi Team,

I am the administrator of the JIRA Cloud for my organization the only Admin. Suddenly i see the Re-Index option is no longer visible in any menu. 

Can someone help why is it not visible.

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2017

JIRA Administrators don't need it any more, so it has been removed.  The index code has been improved so that the changes a JIRA admin makes that need indexing are either done automatically or not needed any more.

System admins can still do it, but they are Atlassian support on Cloud system.

Vaibhav Bhargava September 1, 2017

Ok Thanks since i did not got any such information.

Thanks for the information.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2017

Atlassian don't notify Cloud users of minor improvements like this individually, it's too small to warrant it.

Dan Kaufman September 13, 2017

I think it is great if we don't have to re-index, but I am still seeing "unlabelled-TECH-2" for stories and especially epics of new projects.  When I googled, the cause was needed a re-index.  How do we resolve this if we don't have re-index option.

Vaibhav Bhargava September 13, 2017

I second that issue. How are we tackling the same.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2017

The docs are a bit behind, but we should be able to work out what is happening with your system.

Could you expand on the "I am still seeing"?  What is the problem here?

Dan Kaufman September 18, 2017

In all the typeaheads as well as the epic overviews from the board, many of the epics say: "unlabelled-OF-35" or "unlabelled-of-3", etc...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2017

I don't think that is caused by indexing.  If it were, then the project/full indexing that Cloud does automatically will be fixing it.

Vaibhav Bhargava September 19, 2017

We are guided by confluence update regarding the same. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unlabeled-epics-779158637.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events