Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One team with multiple unrelated work streams

Scott March 30, 2023

I manage a team of business system analysts, developers and administrators.

We manage six different major systems as well as numerous smaller add-on tools.
Each system has one to two primary admins that do not work in the other systems.
There are a couple analysts who span across all of the systems and projects though.

I'm pretty new to Jira and have been tasked with setting up a project or set of projects that will track my teams work in a single reportable way to measure everyones workload.

With the different stakeholders and users, I think that we will need multiple simultaneous sprints.

For instance, I have an entire backlog for Salesforce (Service & Sales), Netsuite & OpenAir,  HRIS, and Sharepoint, as well as BI/Analytics which spans all systems.

Each of these backlogs has major projects, bug fixes, and smaller requests that need to be prioritized individually, but reported on as a singular team. 

We are working in an Agile manner.

What would the community recommend as the best way to set up a singular or multiple projects to best capture these activities and requests, and how should I utilize epics/stories/tasks to categorize everything that comes in across all departments from the company?

1 comment

Comment

Scott March 31, 2023

Should I be creating multiple projects and then bring them together with a single board?

Should I have one large project and then subdivide the issues into multiple boards?

Should issues show up on multiple boards, or is that bad practice?

I'm really just looking for best practices on how to setup this tool.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events