Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to move a issue in workflow after changing its Issue type and Workflow Schemes

Abdul Rahman May 24, 2021

Recently i was making improvement to a Project Workflow and i Changed issue types, Workflow Schemes etc..and unfortunately what i could see is the Open issues were Moved to Open Status and Reolution is Showing as Unresolved,I could not Close or move the issue in the Required workflow..

1 comment

Comment

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Abdul Rahman 

1. I will check the workflow again to confirm what transitions are allowed (what status can I move to from open status).
  2. I will check if you still have the permission to transition issues in the project(try with permission helper)

We do not know all you changed however seeing as you mentioned changing a lot of things, if all you changed is workflow related then I’ll lean more to step #1.

On the off chance neither of the above is the problem here then you could have a corrupted workflow in which case try:

1. Clone the workflow and associate it to the issue type. If the issue persists,
  2. Create the workflow anew,

Should none of the above help then please share with us a screenshot of the workflow you created as well as a screen shot of the workflow from the view issue screen so we can help review them. 
Regards

Abdul Rahman June 3, 2021

Thanks..The problem was with only 1 issue out of 400,So what i did is i changed that to different Issue type and the workflow was triggerred..So issues was solved..Bit still i could not locate why this happened only to 1 issues alone..Anyhow  thanks for the suggestions

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

You are welcome.

Do have a great rest of the week.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events