Need to send email alert only to member of organization when ticket is updated

Chandra Prakash August 20, 2019

In my project I added an organization and want to send email alert to only members of organizations when ticket is updated,

Currently there is only two option: In the Customer Notifications
The only values I can get in there are Customers Involved and Reporter (Customer).

I want to add organization here.

Please help me to send email alert to organization's member only.

2 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2019

@Chandra Prakash Hey, Chandra! I'm assuming you're referencing Jira here, so I'm going to move your question to that collection. 😄

Sonja Athing August 21, 2019

Hi Chandra,

After reading your inquiry, my  understanding is  that you have a created groups (organizations) in your Jira instance and that you are using them for role assignment in your Jira Project.  

With this understanding, and the assumption that you have Administrator access,  can you please look at the Jira Notification Schemes , you will see the Default Notification Scheme.  You can copy this scheme to create a new one and customize it for you needs. 

When customizing,  you can select to notify the organization (group) of interest by adding the organization to the 'Issue Updated' Event.  Likewise, you can remove Notifications from that event as needed.  Specifically, when examining the notification 'Actions', you'll see a list of assignment types, include the 'Group' option.

Note, their are many Notification Events in the scheme that can be customized. 

Lastly,  you'll need to update the Notifications scheme in your Jira Project.  This is done via the Project Settings.

I hope this explanation meets your needs.

Ana Bolanos August 21, 2019

Hello,

Would another option be to set up a filter and add a subscription? You can set the timing of when the email goes out. If members are added to the group it is easy to update the subscription. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events