Need to add value to a single select custom field using Import option.

Melina RAMPERSANDS March 27, 2023

Hi,

I am having a csv file with list of option, I want that option to be assigned to single select custom field using import option.

Is it possible in JSM ??

2 comments

Comment

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Melina RAMPERSANDS ,

There is no import option available to create new values for single select custom field. Instead you can use rest api Create custom field options (context)

You should know the custom field ID and context ID to add values. 

POST: /rest/api/3/field/{fieldId}/context/{contextId}/option
Example:  https://<baseURL>/rest/api/3/field/customfield_10006/context/10174/option
Here 10174 is the context ID

You can pass json body as follows:

{
  "options": [
    {
      "disabled": false,
      "value": "L4"
    },
    {
      "value": "L5"
    },
    {
      "value": "L6"
    }
  ]
}
Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Melina RAMPERSANDS ,
If you're looking for a way to import options without manually using the API, you can try using the app External Data for Jira Fields.

With a file data source and the Field Options Sync feature, you can easily import many options at once. Plus, you can target a native Jira select list, so uninstalling the app won't be an issue.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Thomas

(Please note: I work with the vendor of this app.)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events