Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with setting up an ongoing maintenance project

Cliff Nolan September 29, 2018

Hi, I'm getting myself confused with setting this up. Too many chef's syndrome!

I've set up the project etc and I understand this comes with a 'Global' workflow and I need to customise it slightly but I'm not to do it in a global but to copy it and edit the copy?

How do I do this and associate it to the project I've created?

In the issue page I want to add to custom text fields for Document Reference and the Version. Have tried to do this but, only one field comes into view on the 'Create Issue' page.

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2018

Depends on how you created the project.  If you're on a more recent version of Jira, then it should have asked you what type of project it is, and unless you chose "use shared config", it will have created a separate workflow for it, so you can just edit that directly.  (Also assuming you did not create an "independent project" where you can't change the workflow)

If you did chose "use shared config", then look at the workflow scheme for the project to see what you'll need to replicate, then go into Admin -> Workflow and copy the ones it currently uses.  Amend them, then bind them together with a new "workflow scheme", then apply that to your project.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events