Looking to chat to people about using Teams in Jira - sign up here!

Brona O_Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2020

Hey Community 👋

I'm Brona, a designer at Atlassian. We're currently looking at ways to further improve the Teams experience in Jira Software, and would love to chat with you about how you work with teams in Jira.

Right now as some of you may know, Teams exist across Jira and Confluence. In Jira Software, Teams can be @mentioned in comments on issues.

We're exploring ways to further improve the Teams experience by possibly adding more functionality in the following ways:

• A Team field in Jira issues
  • Permissions assigned to Teams
  • Using Teams in advanced issue search
  • Assigning Teams to roles within a project

For this discussion, we're looking to speak to you about how you currently use Teams in Jira Software, how you work with your Team in real life and in Jira Software, and what you wish you could do with the Teams functionality that exists today.

If you feel like any of the above is related to you and you use Atlassian products frequently, then we want to talk to you! If you have used the Teams experience I listed above, even better.

If you are interested, please sign up using this form We will reach out to you within a week or so to organise an interview session with you.

In the meantime, please feel free to comment below with any questions or thoughts!

Thanks for your help!

Brona O Connor
Designer at Atlassian

1 comment

Comment

Jayde Wofford August 26, 2021

Hi @Brona O_Connor looking for more info on Teams, are you guys still working on adding more functionality? Would really like a way to use this to bring our collaborations together better, as the one assignee one issue card flow is very limiting when we have multiple people working in a project.

Thanks for any insights!

Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2021

Hi @Jayde Wofford 

We are Move Work Forward, Atlassian Marketplace Partner.

If you want to chat about integrating Microsoft Teams and Jira please reach out - https://www.moveworkforward.com/microsoft-teams-atlassian-consultation

Regards,
Leo

Jayde Wofford August 30, 2021

Hi Leo,

Thanks for reaching out. I wasn't looking for Microsoft Teams... Jira has created it's own Teams space, under People > Teams and that's the area functionality help I was looking for.

Thank you though, appreciate it.

Jayde

Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2021

Hi @Jayde Wofford , 

We're starting an EAP soon for a new Team field in Jira. It sounds like it may suit the use case you described. If you're interested, there's more information and a link to sign up here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Early-access-program-for-a-brand-new-Team-field-in-Jira-Software/ba-p/1833946

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Thanks,
Tracy

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events