Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a specific project template for infrastructure related project.

Kanchan.Kathuria April 16, 2019

I am a new Scrum Master for infrastructure team and have network related projects such as building a Data Center, Migration of Office 365 and Building Servers etc. Since this is not a software development environment so don't want to use Scrum and Sprints.

I have created 3 Kanban boards under one Project  called Infrastructure. These boards are:

• Network OPS
  • Network SYS
  • Security Engineering

These are three separate teams and don't want one team to see other team's Board.

Also, my team want to have backlog to be visible underneath the columns of Kanban board such as Planning, In progress, Review and Done/Complete.

Currently the Backlog shows on the left side under the board name and Kanban board .

Looking out for some recommendation.

Thank you,

Kanchan

1 comment

Comment

Esther Strom April 16, 2019

I'll be watching this, as I'm working with our Infra team to try to come up with a decent workflow.

As to the backlog showing up separately, it sounds like you've enabled the Kanban backlog on your boards. You can turn it off; just go into Board Settings and drag whatever status is mapped in the Kanban Backlog column to whatever column you want backlog issues to display in (you can create a column called Backlog if that's what you want).

This is what your board settings (columns) look like if Kanban Backlog is enabled:

kanbanBacklogEnabled.png

And here's the backlog in the user view:
kanbanBacklog.png

To turn it off and have your backlog issues display in the actual board:
kanbanNoBacklog.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events