List of unassigned tasks for employees to choose from: visual representation

Oleg Zhuk December 1, 2022

Hello. I apologize if this discussion has already been started anywhere else. 

Use case: one team has a list of tasks (1-10 per week) and also employees, that have their own tasks but can take more. The team leader wants employees to take on tasks, therefore the tasks in the list are unassigned when they are created and tasks just wait to be assigned.

The tasks should be visually presented in any convenient way.

The Sprint board could not be used for that due to other reasons (but if this is the best practice, please, refer to it)

Thank you very much

1 comment

Comment

David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Oleg Zhuk

I think there could be several ways to visually the available tasks, they could be:

• Kanban board.
  • Dashboard showing a filter with the available tasks.
  • Access to a filter so they can check it once in a while.
  • An automation rule that checks a JQL and assigns these tasks using a method like Round Robin or other across the team and also follow up on a kanban board.

Hopefully this answers your question, let me know if you have further inquieries.

Regards,

David

Like Oleg Zhuk likes this
Oleg Zhuk December 1, 2022

Thank you for quick reply, this is very helpful

David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

No problem, my pleasure.   If you liked the reply, you can vote or mark it as the accepted answer.

If you have further questions, just let me know.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events