Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link 2 issues from 2 JIRA instances and make status change automatically

Murali Kottapalli January 11, 2018

I have following  requirement and need help from this great community.

Back log items are in JIRA A instance and want to assign to various teams in JIRA B instance. When items are completed ( Status =DONE ) in sprints by teams in JIRA B instance, then status of that item should be marked automatically DONE in JIRA A.

Any suggestions please?

5 comments

Comment

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

You need to have a solution like ConnectAll to sync data between the two JIRA instances. This cannot be done out of the box in JIRA.

You can also write a custom solution using the REST APIs but you might want to weigh the pros and cons of maintaining one yourself.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2018

It's worth a look at Backbone and Exalate too. 

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2018

Hi Chris,

(I'm from Exalate - thanks Nic for mentioning us)

Is it the status that you want to exchange or do you consider additional functions - such as ways of resolving ranking conflicts and/or ability to mirror sprints?

Br,

Francis

Murali Kottapalli January 12, 2018

we want to change work flow status of issue = Done in JIRA A upon completion of issue ( linked ) from JIRA B.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2018

Then that's easy - all products mentioned here are able to perform that function.  If you're interested to have a look at Exalate - we can always organize a demo.  Just book a meeting on https://exalate-demo.youcanbook.me

Enjoy

Francis

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
January 17, 2018

You could also try the Issue Sync app - it does exactly what you want, and it can sync between Server and Cloud, if you need it. I'm one of the folks behind this app, so write me back, and I'll tell you more about it :)

Like Marcin_Kokoszka likes this
mksiva January 17, 2018

Hello Murali,

You can try doing it using web hooks. JIRA B issue post function should make a call to the web hooks to JIRA A. JIRA A should have a plug in which can provide REST api service to change the status.

Thanks

Siva Kalidasan

Kathy Lee October 29, 2018

Yes, a bi-directional integration between two Jira instances (even if they are different versions) is possible. Try using OpsHub Integration Manager. It supports the following versions and entities for Jira:

• Versions: 4.x (except 4.4), 5.x, 6.x, 7.x (till 7.8.x)
  • Entities: All System & Custom Issue Types, Sub-Task Types, Version and Worklog (Sub-Task write, and Version is not supported below Jira Version 5.0)
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events