Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest version of Jira cloud is not user friendly

Talia Marino June 17, 2019

Anybody else super annoyed by the recent updates to Jira cloud version? It's super difficult to find the fields I'm looking to update. For example, there are two fields on Epic Issue Types (Epic Name and Summary) that are both required in my instance and whatever you designate in the Summary field specifically is what is displayed when you use the Link to Epic field (when linking Stories/Bugs to that Epic). Unfortunately, in the Issue Type detail view, you can't see the Summary field and I cannot configure this in the Issue Layout screen (the Summary field is not displayed anywhere and is not labeled as a 'hidden field'). I'm having to go back to the "old view" to update the Summary and thereby what appears as the title of the Epic when using the Link to Epic field. Another example is the Resolution being tied to Status and now I'm not able to select the correct Resolution type when tickets are closed. They all just default to Done even though there are other options like "Won't Do" or "Won't Fix" or "Cannot Reproduce" that are still very much relevant Resolution types and helpful when running issue queries.

They say the new view is supposed "help you get more done", but based on the polling I did with my other colleagues, we're all just super frustrated and spending more time trying to perform the actions we need to perform in Jira to get our jobs done. 

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events