Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira project automation rule do not cancel a duplicate ticket.

Gabriel Zanetti July 14, 2022

Dear engineers,

I have created 2 automation rules in JIRA, 1 is for the detection of the duplicate tickets and the other is for the cancellation of the newest duplicated ticket.

I search for a summary contains (It is the only way that I have to check the similarity of the tickets) and in case of contains those text values, the issues is linked, after that I try to cancel the newest, but seems that JIRA don't execute task 2 as no logs is present and no cancellation.

I have another very similar rule working perfectly but in this case I don't know why is not executing task 2.

Can you help me?

jira rule task 1.pngjira rule task 1 log.pngjira rule task 2.png

The issue detected is SD-18296, which needs to be cancelled.

1 comment

Charlie Gavey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2022

Hi @Gabriel Zanetti

If nothing is showing in the Audit Log, it looks like the second rule is not triggering at all. You may need to select the option in your first rule, to allow it to trigger other automation rules - you can read more about this option here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Can-I-use-automation-rule-to-trigger-another-automation-rule/qaq-p/912010

Cheers,

Charlie

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events