Jira max results is 100?

Bhakti Al Akbar September 19, 2017

I noticed recently that the max results with Jira API is 100. This used to be 1000. Why was this changed?

This actually impacts my app performance. It is now slowing down. Is there a way to increase the max results?

6 comments

Comment

Roberto Arconada September 19, 2017

Hello Bhakti,

I had the same issue and this the jira support answer:

this change of behaviour is actually intended since calling searches with maxResults set to 1000 in some cases it was causing OOM errors and it was bringing down JIRA.

I don't understand how they can do something like that without any advise :(

Like David Leal likes this
Bhakti Al Akbar September 19, 2017

Still, 100 is just too small in my opinion.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

I agree that this is a strange change to suddenly implement. There must be many people out there who are adversely affected by this. My concern is that it hasn't been publicised - shouldn't Atlassian make a change like this very visible?

The way I've coded it, I would be missing huge chunks of data and potentially not realise. Luckily I noticed this post and now need to make numerous code changes.

Like Josh Simnitt likes this
Lukas Krajnak September 20, 2017

This is impacting us as well. We pulling data from Jira every night, but know are pulls are failing as it can only pull 100 instead of 1000. Going to open ticket with Atlassian to understand why this was changed.

I got reply from Atlassian: 

Good day. Thank you for reporting this issue.

After some checking, we have identified that you are hit by a recent bug which is discovered today. Please see the bug ticket as follow:

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to this bug. We encourage you to visit the bug page linked above and click the Watch link near the top right to get updated of the bug fix. By doing this, it will ensure you are proactively informed of progress and updates on bug fix going forward.

There is already an internal ticket on our side about this bug and our developers have been notified about the bug. The fix is currently in progress. However, I'm afraid that I do not have ETA on the bug fix.

They came back with same response as to Roberto Arconada

This change of behaviour is actually intended since, in some cases, calling searches with maxResults set to 1000 was causing OOM errors and it was bringing down JIRA.

Gaurav Tiwari September 20, 2017

We need the fix for this as our work is badly getting affected 

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

Gaurav

Look at the comments (many of them) in the JRACLOUD ticket in Lukas's post above - I don't think there's going to be a fix, as this change is "fixing a bug" according to Atlassian!

Lukas Krajnak September 21, 2017

For Power BI users I have template which will pull issues by 100. Let me know if you are interested. 

Like Josh Simnitt likes this
Karen Cook April 17, 2018

I have a similar method for pulling 100 issues at a time in Power BI, however, I found that it only works in Power BI desktop.  I am unable to get the data to refresh on the Power BI server side as it won't refresh with functions being used.

Have you actually been able to get this to work on the server side with refreshing?

Saurabh Sahni July 3, 2018

Hi @Lukas Krajnak, can you please share the template? 

Lukas Krajnak July 9, 2018

Hi @Saurabh Sahni. Here is Template, hope it will work for you. All you need to do is update source and URL link in query editor 

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/MjrzIhCUlJ9EHMxk2c9irWnDVXemRSd5ZOAJGS4Aiub

Like Karim Labidi likes this
Elwira Abramowska March 9, 2020

Hi @Lukas Krajnak
Can you send tamplate again?
And have you ever tried to connect to devtrack?
I have some projects in such system and I am looking for connecting with powerbi like to jira, it is possible?

thanks,

elwira

Lukas Krajnak July 9, 2018

Hi @Saurabh Sahni. Here is Template, hope it will work for you. All you need to do is update source and URL link in query editor 

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/MjrzIhCUlJ9EHMxk2c9irWnDVXemRSd5ZOAJGS4Aiub

Stacey Jenkins October 10, 2018

@Lukas Krajnak - How are you passing the API Key and credentials for accessing the JIRA API with your template?

Lukas Krajnak October 12, 2018

Hi @Stacey Jenkins, I only pass credentials to access Jira API. I use Basic Authentication where I put username and Password. 

But for example with Tempo Timesheets I had to use API key and have it injected in the query in the header. 

Regards, 

Lukas

The Bulb Africa February 19, 2021

Hi @Lukas Krajnak is this template still available? Can i have access to using it?

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events