Jira Software and Jira Service Desk Collaboration

Angel Osberg June 30, 2020

We have teams that complete work on Jira Service Desk tickets and also complete Jira Software issues. We have some teams that receive their work items off of kanban boards, some work off of dashboards, and other teams work out of their project boards. Our Jira Service Desk users don't typically work out of service desk queues as they receive work items across multiple Jira Service Desk projects.

I am just looking for feedback from anyone else that might have an organization working similar to this. What solutions have you found work best for teams to be able to see all of their work in one place with these two products? Any recommendations you can provide will be much appreciated - Thank you!

2 comments

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2020

Hi @Angel Osberg , I moved this to the Jira Discussions section so it will hopefully be seen by more people who can offer advice.

Boards can be project specific or run based on JQL. We use a JQL based board for our 'global' view of what all team members are working on. In addition to this we have some project-specific boards and team-specific boards which allow us to focus in on relevant information when working in smaller groups or individually.

Angel Osberg July 7, 2020

Perfect, thanks Kat! :)

JAVA July 16, 2020

Hello @Angel Osberg . I have been working in similar conditions due to our clients open its issue in JSD and the problem is followed by a new bug in Jira Software Kanban. 

My main recommendation is approach Jira automation in order to replicate the issue without affect the SLA. However, I find several problems in this method. For example, if the original ticket is open with a attachment, It can't be copied to the Kanban, you will see a typical "error image". In order to avoid that, I had to give access to JSD to support team in order to check the original information. 

There are multiple request about that. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events