Jira Issue "Description" disappearing after save.

Michelle Harper January 9, 2018

Hello community.

I have noticed since the update to the new UI that my descriptions are disappearing.  I was able to duplicate 3 times today.  This is creating a huge issue for our dev team as they send them back for AC and I send them back with AC and then the AC / description disappears.

Any suggestions?

10 comments

Comment

Waffle Dog October 5, 2018

We have had exactly this issue and it is becoming a problem as it means information now has to be duplicated elsewhere in case it is lost by Jira. Lets hope Atlassian fix this very soon as it is a huge problem.

eskensberg January 7, 2020

same happened to us.

Created a whole bunch of tickets with descriptions few weeks ago and all the descriptions disappeared. 

Have to recreate all the hard work now...

Andrew Medlin March 5, 2020

Same thing just happened to me, and I am able to reproduce it when the issue type is Bug!

I had just spent ages typing up description for complex bug and now it's all lost!

Paul Kenward October 5, 2020

Has just happened to one of our developers - does anyone know if Atlassian support have picked this up?

Maor January 31, 2021

Also happened to multiple people at my organization. The description is gone completely.  It doesn't even appear in the history of the Jira.

This is bad.

Anastasia Gourina August 29, 2022

Hi @Maor 

Did you manage to recover or find solution? We are facing the same problem and I cant figure out why or able to see the changes made in history.

Has anyone found a solution?

veita December 14, 2021

The same happened to me.  

I filled out the Description field for 2 Issues, and upon returning, the descriptions were missing, and I can't find them anywhere.

Is there any direction from Atlassian on this?  

I agree, this is pretty bad 😬

Lukáš Caha February 21, 2022

I also have this issue. Still not fixed. I thought it has something to do with switching computers, but it looks like it's general issue.

Robert Lauriston October 19, 2022

Same problem. Has been happening intermittently for a while. No sign of the description in the history.

Is there not a bug report filed on this?

Lorna Grant March 6, 2023

Just experiencing this same issue.

Every ticket created the description is disappearing for a new project that was created.

Don't see any resolution here?

Robert Lauriston March 6, 2023

In my case, I think this was user error resulting from a change in the UI. For some unknown reason the Environment field started appearing where the Description field used to be.

Since other than the field label they look the same, I'd enter the Description in the Environment field and then later think it had disappeared since in the regular view the Environment field is not visible unless I scroll down.

Lorna Grant March 6, 2023

definitely the description field in our case.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events