Jira Cloud for Google Sheets not syncing

Seth Whiting December 7, 2020

When I go to refresh issues on my Google Sheet using the Jira Cloud for Sheets add-on, I get this error message:

Hmmm ... looks like we stumbled a bit, please try again or contact Atlassian support if the issue persists. (§GS-404)

I've got some important work to do in this sheet today, so getting this back up and running ASAP would be very helpful.

5 comments

Comment

Patrick Meeks August 5, 2021

I'm getting this today now.  Was there any answers for this?

jan_legutko August 9, 2021

I got this on Friday, Aug 6th

Like Patrick Meeks likes this
Patrick Meeks August 9, 2021

Update:  I have put in a service request (no update as of yet).  Other sheets seem to work ok.  I “Rebuilt” another sheet just like the one that is failing, and it seems to be working fine (for the moment).  

I can’t risk this failing again—no idea where or why this is happening.   Any update would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I don’t find any online help for this error.

jan_legutko August 9, 2021

Hi @Patrick Meeks 

I copied my sheets from the failing file to another file and it worked and then it stopped again.

Can you tell me where did you put a service request? I tried to find it but contact form suggests creating a post here, in Atlassian Community forum.

I put it in as Lvl 4 ... 

JST-682540: Google Sheets-Jira Add-On throwing a GS-404

Thanks for any help

PDM

Sorry, you should see the form when it throws an error. In addition, you should see a "Contact Support" on the ? in the upper right by your icon picture.  Both take you to the same place so you can drop a ticket. 

jan_legutko August 10, 2021

Any news from your end, Patrick? I also created a ticket and just escalated it. 

Patrick Meeks August 10, 2021

Hey Jan, no news yet on the root cause of this issue and how to fix it.  I've had a few back and forths with the support guys.   They said they referred it up to the developers.   So, nothing of any substance yet.   I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.   (you do the same :)  )

Like jan_legutko likes this
Patrick Meeks August 11, 2021

So I did get an update today. They seem not to know the root cause, so there is no workaround or fix other than to recreate the sheet anew.   They did create a public-facing bug w we can follow for updates.   

Jira Cloud for Sheets integration fails with error GS-404 

I wish I had better news ..

jan_legutko August 13, 2021

It's still better than mine ;) 

Support told me to re-do the entire integration following the steps from the manual:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-jira-cloud-for-sheets/ 

What I did: I disconnected the add-on from our Jira and connected again. The result is the same.

And for other sheets we use (I had to create new files as a workaround) everything is just fine.

Patrick Meeks August 13, 2021

They told me they were going to close my ticket now since I found a fix.  (recreate it again) I told them it was NOT fixed, and they shouldn't close the ticket. Because it is NOT fixed, and multiple people still are getting it.   I think they should escalate this.

Very frustrated; I'm feeling they aren't taking this issue seriously.  How can you trust this feature if it suddenly, for no reason it stops working?  No answer why it happens or how to FIX the sheet when it stops working   It's like the sheet is getting corrupted.

Matt C_ Wilson October 13, 2021

Found an answer for this!  Creating a new blank spreadsheet and doing my JiraCloud import there worked.

Additional details here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Re-Re-Unable-to-use-JIRA-add-on-in-Google-sheets/qaq-p/1833687/comment-id/505041#M505041

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events