Jira Automation - Add a "What changed" Text field for Jira Admins

Harald Mayer April 13, 2022

Hello everyone,
From my perspective, it would be great to have an additional text field in the automation rules after a change, where you can write more information about the changes, possibly also links to change requests or similar.

A "history of changes" within the automation rules would also be very nice.

What do you say?

br
Harald

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

Do you mean explanatory notes within the automation rules?  Automation blocks are designed to be self-explaining.  Or do you mean a history so you can see who changed an Automation and demand that they explain why?

Harald Mayer April 13, 2022

Hello,

yes - i sometimes is not easy to unterstand what has changed in the rule. And also the text field would be nice to know from where this changes come - "requested by Mr X. via issue IT-XXX" for example.

br Harald

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2022

I don't think Atlassian will ever add anything like this.  Automations are self-explanatory and "active" - you rarely care about what they used to do, only what they do currently.

If you think you need to track changes to them, then treat them as code - create a Jira project to track requested changes to them

Like Filipi Lima likes this
Brian Debler May 5, 2022

I agree that this would be spectacular to see, even if it was in some raw text form separated by semi-colons.  I imagine something as a read-only Change Summary field, where one display or query for details without opening up the Change History one item at a time.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events