• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

JIRA Software - Multiple Organizations

Hi all,

I have a couple of projects for different companies. We use JIRA software for issue tracking for A Corp. Can I set up a separate organization for B Corp? Think bcorp.atlassian.net. B Corp already manages its repositories on Bitbucket. Thanks!

2 comments

Hi PK,

Are the companies clients for your own company / organisation?

If they are, could i suggest perhaps just creating different JIRA projects and restricting these to individual clients + your own internal users, rather than creating a seperate instance for each? 

With a seperate instance you'll have multiple billing, sets of administration etc to manage and you may need to introduce syncing or federalization via external plugins if you need items to sync across the multiple instances automatically. 

- Alex 

Thanks for the prompt response! They are separate start-ups that I'm working on with two different teams. While I'd like to maintain one billing, ideally I want both teams to have their own separate urls etc.

I would personally avoid seperate instances as much as possible, though there isn't anything stopping you from setting up a 2nd instance as far as i'm aware.

You could purchase your own URL's for both start-ups, and have them act as re-directs to one single JIRA instance?

Alternatively, if you are set on setting up 2 instances and you require any issues to sync between the two - then you would use something similar to Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA.

- Alex

You must go with separate instances for two different companies if they are customer facing for your customers. 

If it is only for their internal use, you can make do with one instance and two separate projects for the two companies respectively. 

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you