JIRA Software - Multiple Organizations

PK DT December 9, 2019

Hi all,

I have a couple of projects for different companies. We use JIRA software for issue tracking for A Corp. Can I set up a separate organization for B Corp? Think bcorp.atlassian.net. B Corp already manages its repositories on Bitbucket. Thanks!

2 comments

Comment

Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

Hi PK,

Are the companies clients for your own company / organisation?

If they are, could i suggest perhaps just creating different JIRA projects and restricting these to individual clients + your own internal users, rather than creating a seperate instance for each? 

With a seperate instance you'll have multiple billing, sets of administration etc to manage and you may need to introduce syncing or federalization via external plugins if you need items to sync across the multiple instances automatically. 

- Alex 

PK DT December 9, 2019

Thanks for the prompt response! They are separate start-ups that I'm working on with two different teams. While I'd like to maintain one billing, ideally I want both teams to have their own separate urls etc.

Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

I would personally avoid seperate instances as much as possible, though there isn't anything stopping you from setting up a 2nd instance as far as i'm aware.

You could purchase your own URL's for both start-ups, and have them act as re-directs to one single JIRA instance?

Alternatively, if you are set on setting up 2 instances and you require any issues to sync between the two - then you would use something similar to Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA.

- Alex

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2020

You must go with separate instances for two different companies if they are customer facing for your customers. 

If it is only for their internal use, you can make do with one instance and two separate projects for the two companies respectively. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events