Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

Avatar

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
4,460,447
Community Members
 
Community Events
176
Community Groups

Issue not Appearing in Some Filters

Edited

The issue in question let's call ISSUE-1.

assignee: [me] (I am the admin/account holder)

reporter: [me]

status: "In Progress"

statusCagegory: "In Progress"

workflow: [same as all other projects]

Problem

assignee = currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser()
  • Does not show ISSUE-1
statusCategory = "In Progress"
  • Shows ISSUE-1

Combine the two and:

(assignee = currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser()) AND statusCategory = "In Progress"
  • Does not show ISSUE-1

Dashboard > "Two Dimensional Filter Statistics" Gadget filtered by Assignee / Status

  • showing 1 issue marked "Unassigned"
  • Clicking the Unassigned total "1" produces the following filter:
statusCategory = "In Progress" AND assignee is EMPTY
statusCategory = "In Progress" AND assignee is not EMPTY
  • Does not show ISSUE-1
statusCategory = "In Progress" AND assignee = unassigned
  • Does not show ISSUE-1
  • Warning message: The value 'unassigned' does not exist for the field 'assignee'.
statusCategory = "In Progress" AND assignee = "Unassigned"
  • Does not show ISSUE-1
  • Warning message: The value 'Unassigned' does not exist for the field 'assignee'.

Requested from Comments

What I am looking for from comments are:

  1. A resolution
  2. A work-around
  3. A link to a known bug
  4. Validation that I am not the only one experiencing this issue (so a bug can be submitted to Atlassian)

1 comment

josh Rising Star Dec 12, 2017

Have you verified that your index is up to date? If not you may still want to try reindexing. 

May also try disabling then re-enabling the user directory unless you're using local directory (or on cloud).

@josh 

I am running cloud instance:

JIRA Service Desk Application 3.3.0-OD-1000.2625.0

I can't seem to find "re-indexing".

Search indexing seems to indicate it's at:

Administration > System > Advanced > Indexing

When I follow that path I am presented with the following:

Advanced >

  • Attachments
  • Events
  • Webhooks
  • Services
  • LexoRank management

None of these seem to contain the indexing feature.

josh Rising Star Dec 13, 2017

I didn't know this before, but cloud apparently doesn't have the manual reindexing option visible anymore. 

You posted a lot of different JQL options, but I think that just your first example shows there's some kind of instance-specific failure rather than some general bug or incorrect JQL. So I'd recommend you contact support on this. http://getsupport.atlassian.com

Curious if you change the query to this, if ISSUE-1 shows:

assignee = myUsername or reporter = myUsername

@josh

assignee = [my username] OR reporter = [my username]

changes to:

assignee = admin OR reporter = admin
  • Does not show ISSUE-1

I also tried them separately which did not work either.

Thanks for the tip Josh, I'll make my way over to support.

FYI the link you provided is outdated and the page contains a link to:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact

josh Rising Star Dec 13, 2017

Yeah, now I'm even more convinced this is a problem local to your instance. Hope they get it fixed for you!

-Josh

@josh

Just to update on the resolution:

My project was set to the Administration > Issues > Issue Type Schemes > "Default Issue Type Scheme". This scheme only has Epic and Story issue types by default. ISSUE-1 was a Task issue type.

This was causing errors in filters because the issue type was not associated with the project "ISSUE". I had another issue let's call ISSUE-2, showing up correctly because it was a Story issue type.

I had already set up a custom Issue Type Scheme for the ISSUE project, but it was not currently associated.

I may have either accidentally, or through testing changed the Issue Type Scheme for the ISSUE project and forgot about it.

Because of the bug: Default Issue Type Scheme does not have all issue types and issues are not migrated to an existing issue type, I would not have been prompted to migrate my project from my custom Issue Type Scheme to the "Default Issue Type Scheme".

josh Rising Star Dec 14, 2017

Interesting, I would never have thought of that without seeing it. Glad it's fixed.

-Josh

Comment

Log in or Sign up to comment