Issue not Appearing in Some Filters

Joshua Balsillie December 12, 2017

The issue in question let's call ISSUE-1.

assignee: [me] (I am the admin/account holder)

reporter: [me]

statusCagegory: "In Progress"

workflow: [same as all other projects]

Problem

assignee = currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser()
  • Does not show ISSUE-1
statusCategory = "In Progress"
  • Shows ISSUE-1

Combine the two and:

(assignee = currentUser() OR reporter = currentUser()) AND statusCategory = "In Progress"
  • Does not show ISSUE-1

Dashboard > "Two Dimensional Filter Statistics" Gadget filtered by Assignee / Status

• showing 1 issue marked "Unassigned"
  • Clicking the Unassigned total "1" produces the following filter:
statusCategory = "In Progress" AND assignee is EMPTY
statusCategory = "In Progress" AND assignee is not EMPTY
  • Does not show ISSUE-1
statusCategory = "In Progress" AND assignee = unassigned
  • Does not show ISSUE-1
  • Warning message: The value 'unassigned' does not exist for the field 'assignee'.
statusCategory = "In Progress" AND assignee = "Unassigned"
  • Does not show ISSUE-1
  • Warning message: The value 'Unassigned' does not exist for the field 'assignee'.

Requested from Comments

What I am looking for from comments are:

1. A resolution
  2. A work-around
  3. A link to a known bug
  4. Validation that I am not the only one experiencing this issue (so a bug can be submitted to Atlassian)

1 comment

Comment

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Have you verified that your index is up to date? If not you may still want to try reindexing. 

May also try disabling then re-enabling the user directory unless you're using local directory (or on cloud).

Joshua Balsillie December 13, 2017

@josh 

I am running cloud instance:

JIRA Service Desk Application 3.3.0-OD-1000.2625.0

I can't seem to find "re-indexing".

Search indexing seems to indicate it's at:

Administration > System > Advanced > Indexing

When I follow that path I am presented with the following:

Advanced >

• Attachments
  • Events
  • Webhooks
  • Services
  • LexoRank management

None of these seem to contain the indexing feature.

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2017

I didn't know this before, but cloud apparently doesn't have the manual reindexing option visible anymore. 

You posted a lot of different JQL options, but I think that just your first example shows there's some kind of instance-specific failure rather than some general bug or incorrect JQL. So I'd recommend you contact support on this. http://getsupport.atlassian.com

Curious if you change the query to this, if ISSUE-1 shows:

assignee = myUsername or reporter = myUsername

Joshua Balsillie December 13, 2017

@josh

assignee = [my username] OR reporter = [my username]

changes to:

assignee = admin OR reporter = admin
  • Does not show ISSUE-1

I also tried them separately which did not work either.

Thanks for the tip Josh, I'll make my way over to support.

FYI the link you provided is outdated and the page contains a link to:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2017

Yeah, now I'm even more convinced this is a problem local to your instance. Hope they get it fixed for you!

-Josh

Joshua Balsillie December 14, 2017

@josh

Just to update on the resolution:

My project was set to the Administration > Issues > Issue Type Schemes > "Default Issue Type Scheme". This scheme only has Epic and Story issue types by default. ISSUE-1 was a Task issue type.

This was causing errors in filters because the issue type was not associated with the project "ISSUE". I had another issue let's call ISSUE-2, showing up correctly because it was a Story issue type.

I had already set up a custom Issue Type Scheme for the ISSUE project, but it was not currently associated.

I may have either accidentally, or through testing changed the Issue Type Scheme for the ISSUE project and forgot about it.

Because of the bug: Default Issue Type Scheme does not have all issue types and issues are not migrated to an existing issue type, I would not have been prompted to migrate my project from my custom Issue Type Scheme to the "Default Issue Type Scheme".

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2017

Interesting, I would never have thought of that without seeing it. Glad it's fixed.

-Josh

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events