Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Field/Column(Person Name, Who closed the Ticket) is available in Filters ?

Ravi Vadlamudi April 28, 2018

Is there any Filter option available for the field(Person name,Who closed the Ticket) in Issues to Export this Column for all the JIRA Issues as Excel

4 comments

Comment

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2018

No, Jira doesn't show this information, although you could obtain it from the database.

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2018

Hi @Ravi Vadlamudi, Steven is absolutely right; although you could also start logging this information if you really need it.  

To do it:

• Create a custom field.  I recommend the type "user picker" so a Jira user's username is recorded.
  • Go to the transition in the workflow just before an issue is "closed".
  • Add a post function called "Update Issue Custom Field" where you can capture the current user's name and store it in your new custom field.
    • You may need a plugin to get the "Update Issue Custom Field" function.  It's available in one called "Suite Utilities for Jira" (JSU) among others.
    • Insert the variable "%%CURRENT_USER%%" in the "Custom Field Value" field.

Here's some quick documentation on this method:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/how-to-update-custom-field-values-during-workflow-transition-720415925.html

As always, be sure you really really need this info before creating custom fields, installing plugins, and customizing your Jira instance!  Sometimes we add shiny things and find out, years down the road, that they weren't really needed and now we have to do extra work to clean them up!

Hope this helps,

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Ravi Vadlamudi April 29, 2018

Thank you Rachel,For your prompt response.

But here,JSU Plugin is only available in server.Currently we're on Cloud.Is there any other Alternative(Plugin's which supports Cloud) to work with !!

Ravi Vadlamudi April 30, 2018

Even though I've tried this Steps in Cloud,It failed.Let me Show You :

My Requirement :- To get The Field/Column(Person,Who closed the Ticket) in Filters while sorting the Issues for Particular Project.

So, I've configured the Above steps as you said,

1)Created one Custom field named,Ticket Solved by Person

2)Also added a post function named "Update Issue Custom Field".

I'm attaching the Images of Executed Steps for better Understanding of my Issue,Please Advice after having a Glance.

Image 1 :(Created Custom Field with name)

1.png

Image 2: (Added in the Post Functions by Inserting CURRENT_USER :)

2.png

Image 3:(Field Enabled in Filters Dropdown also,Still Not Appearing this Field in Excel while Exporting)

3.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2018

Have you moved the issues through the transition that has this post function on it?

Tej T May 11, 2018

Thanks for the Response,I've moved the Issues as per the transaction.But It's not working.Problem is JSU Plugin Is not available in cloud.And as I created the Field(Ticket solved by person) is been Created.But Not showing any Response.. 

Tej T May 11, 2018

Is there any other Alternative!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2018

No.  You need an add-on that can provide a function to pull the data from the history, or catch and record it at the time the transition is executed.

Tejeswar Reddy May 11, 2018

Could you pls suggest the add-on!!  @Nic

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2018

I'd use ScriptRunner (I am, of course, biased there, as I work for Adaptavist.  I try not to plug us too much, hence the slightly neutral answer above.  There are other options, just not ones I'd choose when I have SR available)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events