Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Vietnamese encoding in customer portal when page reloading

Bao Vu April 8, 2019

Hello,

I am getting a weird error with customer portal(only this page) Jira Service Desk

At the first time loading page, everything is OK, Vietnamese encoding(UTF-8) is correct displaying:

Capture1.PNG

But when I reload page,  Vietnamese encoding(UTF-8) is not correct displaying until I back the home page and reopen requested ticket:

Capture2.PNG

Hope your support to troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you so much!

2 comments

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2019

Hi Bảo,

Is this cloud or server? If it is server, what database do you use and what encoding do you use for your database?

Bao Vu April 9, 2019

Hi Nguyen,

I am using Jira Server Desk Server and H2 database default for it. This problem only happens in customer portal at the second page reloading.

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2019

Hi Bao,

Make sure your system encoding is set to UTF-8 by going into Jira Admin > System > System Info

If that one is already correct, stop your Jira application and add this line into your  setenv.sh (or setenv.bat if you are on windows server).

setenv.bat:

set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=-Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -Dsun.jnu.encoding=utf-8

setenv.sh

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -Dsun.jnu.encoding=utf-8"

The location of your setenv file is at:

<installation-directory>/bin/setenv.sh

Then start your Jira application up again for the change to apply.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events