How to set the requet type in the created jira issue

Ahsan Kamal June 1, 2021

I am using "/rest/api/2/issue" to create issue that is successfully getting created but i am unable to set the request type to a valid value, so that the ticket can be shared by the team with the Customer.

I tried lot of options provided on the net but it could not resolve the issue.

2 comments

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

Hi @Ahsan Kamal ,

We may need more information on the 'request type' that you are referring to. Are you referring to the issue type?

Here is a link that may help for issue creation : https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/creating-a-jira-cloud-issue-in-a-single-rest-call/

If you are referring issuetype : then 

"issuetype": { "name": "Bug"}

or

"issuetype": { "id": "10009"}

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2021

Hi @Ahsan Kamal

were you following this article?

If so, I seem to understand it gave you back an error or did it simply not work out?

In case you could explain a bit further what you have already and where you stuck some experience Community members might be able to catch up on the current state and advise further.

Regards,
Daniel

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events