How to link future sprints to the Road Map

April Lyons September 23, 2021

I would like the road map Epic dates to update based on the ticket assigned to a sprint. 

For example, I have created several future sprints to start future planning.  When I assign a ticket that is assigned to an Epic in a future sprint, which has a date indicated on it, the roadmap should also update.

It seems the roadmap is linked to "due date" assigned to the ticket, but since we are agile, we are regularly dragging tickets across sprints.  It's too high maintenance to be always updating "due dates' on tickets, or manually updating my road map.

What is the point of having future sprint dates if they don't connect to the road map Epics? 

1 comment

Comment

Jacob Vu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2021

Hi @April Lyons

Have you enabled the 'Dependencies' setting for Roadmap to ensure that dependencies are rolling up to your Epic? 

Jacob

April Lyons September 23, 2021

Yes, but this does not apply to dependent features.  This is for tickets assigned to future sprints and the epic does not adjust in the roadmap. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events