Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get all request types using rest api of jira cloud

Sai Kiran Konkumatti May 24, 2019

In JIRA project settings we have request types menu

by using JIRA rest API how we need to get request types.

if there is any documentation available let me know

3 comments

Comment

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2019

Hi @Sai Kiran Konkumatti ,

I am pretty sure you have already found the answer by searching Google by now, but I am adding a reply anyway in case anyone else might be searching the community having the same question.

In order to do so you need to use the Jira Service Desk Cloud REST API endpoint /rest/servicedeskapi/requesttype.

This endpoint is documented in the below page:

Cheers,
Dario

Like Nishant Rao likes this
Talha Ishtiaque July 13, 2020

@Dario B Hello,

I am using the same endpoint but I am getting following response:

{"errorMessages":["OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for this method."]}

Can you please help.

Thanks

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2020

Hello @Talha Ishtiaque ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

As the error message says, Oauth2 is not enabled yet for that endpoint. I have proceeded opening a feature request for this:

You may want to vote and watch the above feature request so that you will get notified in case of any update. The  feature will be addressed according to the Implementation of New Features Policy.

Finally, for the future, please avoid answering an old thread (from more than one year ago). You will have better chances to get a reply if you start a new thread.

Cheers,
Dario

Dimitar Tasev April 19, 2021

Did not work for me on JIRA Cloud with any of the specified URLs above.

In the end I had to use `/rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk/PROJECT_KEY/requesttype`, but that doesn't even seem to give the correct string that is required to set the request type when POST-ing a new issue...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events