Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add HR information to Jira Insight?

Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2020

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a database that stores, manages, and tracks all employee data using Jira Insight and I'm looking for best practices and your suggestions.

There are details such as Name, ID, Birthday, Address, etc, that have a one-to-one relationship with one user. I've created attributes for each one and linked them to user's objects easily.

But, for Education information, for example, Bs. , Ms., or Ph.D. universities, and their Cities, Field of Studies, Scores, and other related data, it is a bit complicated.

I created an object type, named Universities, that contains all universities in our country as objects. Also, an object type named Cities, which has all provinces and cities as objects.

here is two possible solution:

1. If I create another object type, for example,Education Info, It's objects would be like:

User-A BS (that contains university, city, major, ... for BS degree of user A)

User-A MS

User-A PhD

User-B BS

User-C BS

and so on...

2. The second way is to add Attributes to User Object type. Such as:

BS Univ, BS City, BS Field, ..., MS Univ, MS City, MS Field, ... Ph.D. Univ, Ph.D. city, Ph.D. field, ...etc.

I'm not sure I'm doing it right or this is how insight works for one-to many relationships! On the other hand, we also need to store Job Experiences that are unlimited for each user. For example User A has worked in 10 different companies and we need to have their cities, locations, dates, and many other details.

How can I store that data in Insight? Have you ever done this before?

insight1.jpg---insight2.jpg

2 comments

Hakan Bahadir June 29, 2020

Hello,

Since every employee may have multiple education and job records, keeping them in separate Object Types looks like to be the better way. So, you can have Education Data and Work Experience as new Object Types as you did in the first screenshot. (A minor note, maybe you can add one attribute to keep the education level BS or MS so that you can filter later. You may want to get a report on the education distribution in future).

Regards,

Hakan Bahadir

Solution Architect

Mindville Team 

Like # people like this
Anastasiia Kozaruk _SaaSJet_ August 16, 2021

Hi. @Parvaneh Zand 

I want to recommend HRM: Employee User Profile to you to address your question. With its help, you can download the database of all employees from Jira to add-on, fill out and store their cards, give access for editing and viewing information to specific people or a group of people.

There will be a release very soon, where new options for custom fields will be added.

Try the plugin now for free on Marketplace.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events